Sat, Nov 18|
Drop-off/ Pick up: Audubon Middle School
Young Kings Hiking Program - Eaton Canyon Falls Trail
Join us November 18th from 8:00am - 1:00pm for our Young Kings Hike at Eaton Canyon Falls. This event is a Youth Hike for young men between the ages of 11-18. Only Youth, Hiking Ambassadors, and Adult Chaperones will be permitted to join.
Time & Location
Nov 18, 2023, 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Drop-off/ Pick up: Audubon Middle School, 4120 11th Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90008, USA
About the event
Are you looking for a fun and rewarding way for your Black son to invest in his mental and physical health while connectimg with other Black youth? Look no further than our Young Kings Hiking Program.
This is a FREE program! Lunch, water, and snacks will be provided to all participants. We will also provide round trip bus transportation from the drop off location (within the event details) to the trail destination.
Our Young Kings Hiking Program combines the benefits of hiking with the support of mentorship to help Black boys thrive. Led by our Black Men Hike Hiking Ambassdor team and chaperones, our program will take participants on a variety of hikes in scenic natural areas, while also providing them with the tools and resources they need to navigate the challenges of adolescence and build a strong sense of self.
Here are just a few of the benefits of our program for your son:
- Improved mental health: Hiking has been shown to have a number of mental health benefits, including reducing stress, anxiety, and depression. It can also help to improve mood, boost self-esteem, and promote a sense of well-being.
- Mentorship: Mentors can help your son to develop his leadership skills, learn about different career paths, and navigate the challenges of adolescence.
- Connection to nature: Spending time in nature has been shown to have a number of benefits for physical and mental health, including reducing stress, improving mood, and boosting cognitive function.
- Black identity development: Our program is specifically designed to support Black boys in developing a strong sense of Black identity. Participants will have the opportunity to interact with Black Male role models, and to connect with other Black youth who are facing similar challenges.
What to Expect:
- 8am bus departure to trailhead.
- 2.5 hour hike including periodic rest, refuel, and hydration breaks. We we also conduct a mediation session geared towards adolscents.
- Opportunity for youth to connect with nature.
- Mentorship and conversation amongst our leadership team and youth.
- Reminder email a week prior with preparation tips.
What Your Child Needs to Participate:
- Hiking boots or athletic shoes with grip and ankle support.
- Dress in Layers - Have your son dress in layers to stay comfortable in any environment. Sunscreen and hats are recommended.
We understand that you may be hesitant to send your son on hikes with strangers, but we want to assure you that our program is safe and supportive. Our hiking guides and mentors are all experienced and trained professionals who are passionate about the well-being of Black boys.
If you are interested in enrolling your son in theYoung Kings Hiking Program, please register today! Space is limited.
We look forward to guiding your young king on the trails!
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com or contact Jelani Nattey at (424) 216-6671.
Black Men Hike LA
Youth Registration$0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out