Thu, Apr 27|
Skyline Group Campground
Spring Camping Retreat - San Bernardino National Forest
Join us April 27th - 30th for our annual spring camping retreat in the San Bernardino National Forest.
Time & Location
Apr 27, 2023, 12:00 PM – Apr 30, 2023, 1:00 PM
Skyline Group Campground, 45901 Heart Bar Park Rd, Angelus Oaks, CA 92305, USA
About the event
We are extremely excited for you to join us for our Annual Spring Camping Retreat from Thursday, April 27th to Sunday, April 30th! The campsite is about 2 hours and 30min from Los Angeles to the San Bernardino National Forest . On Thursday, April 27th we will be meeting and departing from a meetup location at 12pm we will also be providing transportation for a limited amount of people but you are welcome to meet us at the campsite however we strongly recommend arriving before dark. This camping trip is great for all levels of camping experience.
1. What You Can Expect:
- Relaxing in the great outdoors
- Sitting by the fire at night sharing stories
- Group hike on a nearby trail
- Sleeping under the stars
- Cooked and grilled meals (according to your dietary restrictions)
2. Camping Checklist - REI has a great camping checklist to help you figure out what to bring when going camping. At a bare minimum be sure to pack:
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Camping pillow
- Camp chair
- Swimming trunks and a towel
- Clothing fit for the various temperatures throughout the day and night
3. Weather - The weather forecast is sunny with clear skies at night. During the day the high will range 61°F - 64°F where the low will range 37°F - 39°F at night. Be sure to pack for the various temperatures throughout the day. Lastly, we suggest to check the weather as we get closer to the date to avoid any surprises.
4. Meetup Location - We will be meeting up at the North Hollywood Redline Station Parking lot 11232 Cumpston St, Los Angeles, CA 91601 at 1:00pm sharp on Thursday, April 27th so that we can all leave together and carpool as needed. It is very important that we leave at the scheduled time to ensure that we make it to campsite in enough time to pitch tents and cook before dark. If you can not make it by the scheduled time, please let the group know in the Camp Group Chat.
5. Transportation - We will be renting a sprinter van for the trip and have limited space available it will be first come first serve. You will be able to reserve your spot in the van during the registration process.
6. Pre-Camp Video Call - To make sure that we are all on the same page and provide an opportunity for people to ask questions or address concerns, we will be having a video call on Tuesday, April 25th at 6:00pm PST. Details for the video call will be sent to those who registered for the event as we get closer to the date.
7. Camp Group Chat - There will be a WhatsApp group chat created during the week of the trip. This will allow us to coordinate and share any last minute or emergency information leading up to and during the trip. Be sure to have the WhatsApp app downloaded to your phone.
8. Campsite - The campsite is situated at the Skyline Group Campground in the Heart Bar Campground Complex. There will be bathrooms and showers on the general campsite at the nearby main campground. The site comes with a picnic tables and plenty of space. Cell coverage on the campsite is rated at good quality. For more information about the campsite please visit USDA Forest Service Page. The coordinates to the campsite are 34.158775, -116.794984.
9. The Cost of the Ticket - The trip is 100% free but you must put down a deposit in order to reserve your spot. You will be refunded at the end of the trip on Monday, May 1st.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com or contact Chris Ketant at
(347) 792-5956. We look forward to camping with you!
Black Men Hike LA
- Ticket type
Camping Retreat Deposit
The event is free the cost of the ticket serves as a deposit to reserve your spot on the trip. It will be refunded on May 1st after the trip.Price$40.00Sale ended