Sat, Mar 04|
Etiwanda Falls Trail (Rancho Cucamonga)
March Monthly Hike - Etiwanda Falls
Join Us for Our March Monthly Hike on Saturday March 4th, 2023 at 8:30 am
Time & Location
Mar 04, 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM PST
Etiwanda Falls Trail (Rancho Cucamonga) , GPS Coordinates (34.163944315004564, -117.52335483739296)
About the event
We are extremely excited for you to join us Saturday, March 4th at 8:30 AM. In preparation for our hike, we’ve listed a few reminders/tips to help maximize your hiking experience and safety:
1. Hike Difficulty Level – MODERATE – Length of total hike is Approx. 3.4 miles. Hike will contain inclines, switchbacks and slight elevation changes, but manageable for anyone who is moderately active. Plan on a 3 – 4 hour outing, including rest and food breaks.
2. Pre-Hike Carpool Location – Due to limited parking, we highly recommend carpooling. For the brothers who would like to carpool or travel to trailhead together, We will be meeting at the Ralph's near freeway exit for trail and leaving @8:00 am sharp to drive to trailhead. The Ralph's address is: 12201 Highland Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739. If you can not make it to the Ralph's by 8:00 am, please drive directly to trailhead using Trail Address provided in event.
3. Please wear hiking boots or shoes with grip and ankle support – This will safely prepare you for the various terrain we will traverse throughout the hike. The terrain of this hike will be rocky and rugged at times.
4. Dress in layers, Bring Jacket – The weather forecast for the day of the hike is a high of around 58 degrees Fahrenheit. During our hike temperatures will be around 45 to 55 degrees. Please wear layers that will allow you to take off or put on as the environment or body temperature changes.
5. Bring water and light snacks for yourself – It’s easy to dehydrate during a hike, especially when the temperature is hot. Bringing a sufficient supply of water (At least 2 liters) will help you to avoid fatigue, dizziness, and other symptoms of dehydration. While snacks will help to supply your body with much-needed nutrients to keep you energized throughout the hike.
6. Please eat a sufficient breakfast at least 1 hour before the hike – It’s always a great idea to fuel your body prior to exercising, to avoid fatigue and even fainting. Oatmeal, eggs, and a few pieces of fruit is an excellent example of a sufficient pre-hike breakfast option.
7. Plan for a 3-4 hour outing – Our March Hike will be about 4 hours long, including one planned 15-minute break. Although we have one planned break, we adjust our hikes to meet the needs of our participants. We encourage everyone to feel free to take a break or adjust your pace as needed. Our hikes are meant to be an enjoyable experience, and we want to ensure everybody is participating within their comfort zone. Please let us know if you have any health concerns that might put you at risk during our hike. Safety is always a priority.
8. Download the map – Please download the directions to the trailhead prior to leaving your home to avoid any confusion. To find the precise location PLEASE USE GOOGLE MAPS OR WAZE ONLY, enter the following gps coordinates to get to destination: 34.163944315004564, -117.52335483739296
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE TRAIL NAME ON FLYER FOR DIRECTIONS TO HIKE. There is a great chance that using the trail name instead of GPS coordinates to find directions will take you to the wrong location.
9. Parking help – Parking is Limited. Before the trailhead, there is a paid parking lot (Cost -$3 for 4 hours). Due to the popularity of this trail, please try to arrive early to find parking. Once you have reached destination and find parking, Please make your way to trailhead.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jelani at (424) 216-6671. We look forward to seeing you this Saturday!
Black Men Hike LA
BMH Monthly Hike - March 2023
Etiwanda Falls Trail (Rancho Cucamonga , CA) GPS Coordinates: (34.163944315004564, -117.52335483739296)