Thu, Sep 28|
Hodgdon Meadow Campground
Fall Camping Retreat - Yosemite National Park
Join us September 28th - October 1st 2023 for our annual Fall camping retreat in the Yosemite National Park
Time & Location
Sep 28, 12:00 PM – Oct 01, 12:00 PM
Hodgdon Meadow Campground, Big Oak Flat Rd, Groveland, CA, USA
About the event
We are extremely excited for you to join us for our Annual Fall Camping Retreat from Thursday, September 28th to Sunday, October 1st! The campsite is about 6 hours and 30min from Los Angeles to the Yosemite National Park. On Thursday, September 28th we will be meeting and departing from a meetup location. We will also be providing transportation for a limited amount of people but you are welcome to meet us at the campsite however we strongly recommend arriving before dark. This camping trip is great for all levels of camping experience. Please read all the information below!
1. What You Can Expect:
- Relaxing in the great outdoors
- Sitting by the fire at night sharing stories
- Group hike on a nearby trail
- Sleeping under the stars
- Cooked and grilled meals (according to your dietary restrictions)
- Cold plunge in the Yosemite waters
2. Camping Checklist - REI has a great camping checklist to help you figure out what to bring when going camping. At a bare minimum be sure to pack:
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Camping pillow
- Camp chair
- Swimming trunks and a towel
- Clothing fit for the various temperatures throughout the day and night
3. Weather - The weather forecast is sunny with clear skies at night. During the day the high will range 75°F - 88°F where the low will range 48°F - 55°F at night. Be sure to pack for the various temperatures throughout the day and night. Lastly, we suggest to check the weather as we get closer to the date to avoid any surprises.
4. Meetup Location - We will be meeting up at the North Hollywood Redline Station Parking lot 11232 Cumpston St, Los Angeles, CA 91601 at 12:00pm sharp on Thursday, September 28th so that we can all leave together and carpool as needed. It is very important that we leave at the scheduled time to ensure that we make it to campsite in enough time to pitch tents and cook before dark. If you can not make it by the scheduled time, please let the group know in the Camp Group Chat.
5. Transportation - We will be renting a sprinter van for the trip and have limited space available it will be first come first serve. You will be able to reserve your spot in the van during the registration process.
6. Pre-Camp Video Call - To make sure that we are all on the same page and provide an opportunity for people to ask questions or address concerns, we will be having a video call on Tuesday, September 26th at 6:00pm PST. Details for the video call will be sent to those who registered for the event as we get closer to the date.
7. Camp Group Chat - There will be a WhatsApp group chat created during the week of the trip. This will allow us to coordinate and share any last minute or emergency information leading up to and during the trip. Be sure to have the WhatsApp app downloaded to your phone.
8. Campsite - The campsite is situated at the Hodgdon Meadow Campground - Site D. There will be bathrooms and showers on the general campsite at the nearby main campground. The site comes with a picnic tables and plenty of space. Cell coverage on the campsite is rated at good quality. For more information about the campsite please visit campsite homepage at Recreation.gov. The coordinates to the campsite are 37.798889, -119.865833.
9. The Cost of the Ticket - The trip is 100% free but you must put down a deposit in order to reserve your spot. You will be refunded at the end of the trip on Monday, October 2nd.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Chris Ketant at
(347) 792-5956. We look forward to camping with you!
Black Men Hike LA
Fall Camping Retreat Deposit
The event is free the cost of the ticket serves as a deposit to reserve your spot on the trip. It will be refunded on October 2nd after the trip.
This is NOT an official reservation ticket for the 2023 BMH Fall Camping Retreat. This ticket puts you on a waitlist to attend the 2023 BMH Fall Camping Trip. If there is a cancellation prior to the event dates, individuals from the waitlist will be notified based on ascending order of the waitlist to see if they would like attend. PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP TO CAMPSITE LOCATION WITHOUT OFFICIAL RESERVATION TICKET. Campsite has a max number of guest. YOU'LL BE TURNED AROUND W/O OFFICIAL TICKET!