Sat, May 06|
Mesa Peak Trail ( Malibu, CA )
BMH May Monthly Hike - Mesa Peak Trail
Join Us for Our May Monthly Hike on May 6th, 2023 @ 8:30am
Time & Location
May 06, 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM PDT
Mesa Peak Trail ( Malibu, CA ), GPS Coordinates: (34.082125197762515, -118.70424622783594)
About the event
We are extremely excited for you to join us Saturday, May 6th at 8:30 AM. In preparation for our hike, we’ve listed a few reminders/tips to help maximize your hiking experience and safety:
1. Hike Difficulty Level – MODERATE – Length of total hike is approx. 4.8 miles. Hike will contain inclines, switchbacks, rocky terrain and slight elevation changes, but manageable for anyone who is moderately active. Plan on a 3 hour outing, including rest and food breaks.
2. Please wear hiking boots or shoes with grip and ankle support – This will safely prepare you for the various terrain we will traverse throughout the hike. The terrain of this hike will be very rocky and rugged at times.
3. Dress In Layers – The weather forecast for the day of the hike is a high of around 61 degrees Fahrenheit. During our hike temperatures will be around 52 degrees. Please wear clothing that will allow your body stay warm, breathe and not overheat. Sunscreen and Hats are recommended.
4. Bring plenty of water and light snacks for yourself – It’s easy to dehydrate during a hike, especially when the temperature is hot. Bringing a sufficient supply of water (At least 2-3 liters) will help you to avoid fatigue, dizziness, and other symptoms of dehydration. While snacks will help to supply your body with much-needed nutrients to keep you energized throughout the hike.
5. Please eat a sufficient breakfast at least 1 hour before the hike –It’s always a great idea to fuel your body prior to exercising, to avoid fatigue and even fainting. Oatmeal, eggs, and a few pieces of fruit is an excellent example of a sufficient pre-hike breakfast option.
6. Plan for a 3 hour outing – Our hike will be about 3 hours long, including one planned 15-minute break. Although we have one planned break, we adjust our hikes to meet the needs of our participants. We encourage everyone to feel free to take a break or adjust your pace as needed. Our hikes are meant to be an enjoyable experience, and we want to ensure everybody is participating within their comfort zone. Please let us know if you have any health concerns that might put you at risk during our hike. Safety is always a priority.
7. Download the map – Please download the directions to the trailhead prior to leaving your home to avoid any confusion. To find the precise location PLEASE USE GOOGLE MAPS OR WAZE ONLY, enter the following gps coordinates to get to destination: 34.082125197762515, -118.70424622783594
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE TRAIL NAME ON FLYER FOR DIRECTIONS TO HIKE. There is a great chance that using the trail name instead of GPS coordinates to find directions will take you to the wrong location.
8. Parking help – This trail has a paid parking lot at trailhead ($8/per day). However, there is free parking at corner Piuma Rd and Malibu Canyon Road. We will meet at Free parking location and walk over together to trailhead. Please note that parking is limited so arrive early to find parking and/or carpool. Once you have parked, please make your way to meet up location. We’ll also have an ambassador stationed near the entrance of the park to assist with directing brothers to the right location.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com or contact Jelani at
(424) 216-6671. We look forward to seeing you this Saturday!
Black Men Hike LA
BMH May 2023 Monthly Hike
Mesa Peak Trail (Malibu, CA) GPS Coordinates: (34.082125197762515, -118.70424622783594))