Sat, Jun 03|
Switzer Falls Trail (Tujunga, CA)
BMH June Monthly Hike - Switzer Falls Trail
Join Us for Our Monthly Hike the First Saturday of Every Month
Time & Location
Jun 03, 2023, 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM PDT
Switzer Falls Trail (Tujunga, CA), GPS Coordinates (34.26628249223978, -118.14575096423779)
About the event
We are extremely excited for you to join us Saturday, June 3rd at 8:30 AM. In preparation for our hike, we’ve listed a few reminders/tips to help maximize your hiking experience and safety:
1. Hike Difficulty Level – MODERATE – Length of total hike is Approx. 4.0 miles. Hike will contain inclines, switchbacks and slight elevation changes, but manageable for anyone who is moderately active. Plan on a 3 hour outing, including rest and food breaks.
2. Pre-Hike Carpool Location – For the brothers who would like to carpool or travel to trailhead together, We will be meeting at the nearest Target leaving @8:00 am sharp to drive to trailhead. The Target’s address is: 965 Town Center Dr, La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011. If you can not make it to the Target by 8:00 am, please drive directly to trailhead using Trail Address provided in event.
3. Please wear hiking boots or shoes with grip and ankle support – This will safely prepare you for the various terrain we will traverse throughout the hike. The terrain of this hike will be rocky and rugged at times. There will be a few creek crossing so please be prepared to get boots or shoes potentially wet.
4. Dress In Layers – The weather forecast for the day of the hike is a high of around 75 degrees Fahrenheit. During our hike temperatures will be around 70 degrees. Please wear clothing that will allow your body stay warm, breathe and not overheat. Sunscreen and Hats are recommended.
5. Bring plenty of water and light snacks for yourself – It’s easy to dehydrate during a hike, especially when the temperature is hot. Bringing a sufficient supply of water (At least 2-3 liters) will help you to avoid fatigue, dizziness, and other symptoms of dehydration. While snacks will help to supply your body with much-needed nutrients to keep you energized throughout the hike.
6. Please eat a sufficient breakfast at least 1 hour before the hike – It’s always a great idea to fuel your body prior to exercising, to avoid fatigue and even fainting. Oatmeal, eggs, and a few pieces of fruit is an excellent example of a sufficient pre-hike breakfast option.
7. Plan for a 3 hour outing – Our August Hike will be about 3 hours long, including one planned 15-minute break. Although we have one planned break, we adjust our hikes to meet the needs of our participants. We encourage everyone to feel free to take a break or adjust your pace as needed. Our hikes are meant to be an enjoyable experience, and we want to ensure everybody is participating within their comfort zone. Please let us know if you have any health concerns that might put you at risk during our hike. Safety is always a priority.
8. Download the map – Please download the directions to the trailhead prior to leaving your home to avoid any confusion. To find the precise location PLEASE USE GOOGLE MAPS OR WAZE ONLY, enter the following gps coordinates to get to destination: 34.26628249223978, -118.14575096423779
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE TRAIL NAME ON FLYER FOR DIRECTIONS TO HIKE. There is a great chance that using the trail name instead of GPS coordinates to find directions will take you to the wrong location.
9. Parking help – There will be a parking lot located at destination endpoint. If you are unable to find parking at endpoint, there is parking up the hill. Please allow yourself addtional time to make it to the trailhead if you park at the top of the hill. Please try to arrive early to find parking. Once you have reached destination and find parking, Please make your way to meet up location.
10. An Adventure Pass is Needed to Park, without possible ticket - Various Trails within California require a Adventure Pass to Park. A daily pass can be purchased for $5. The closest location to purchase pass on the route to trail is the Shell Gas Station - 4530 Angeles Crest Hwy, La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011 right before heading up Route 2. However, an Adventure Passes can be purchased throughout Socal. Please use this link below to find the location nearest to you (Search by Zip Code): https://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/r5/passes-permits/recreation/?cid=STELPRDB5181410&width=full
We’ll also have an ambassador stationed near the entrance of the park to assist with directing brothers to the right location. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jelani at (424) 216-6671. We look forward to seeing you this Saturday!
Black Men Hike LA
BMH June Monthly Hike
Switzer Falls Trail (Tujunga, CA) GPS Coordinates: (34.26628249223978, -118.14575096423779)$0.00Sold Out
This event is sold out