Sat, Jul 01|
Brown Mountain Rd & El Prieto Trail Loop
BMH July 2023 Monthly Hike - Brown Mountain Rd. & El Prieto Trail Loop
Join Us for Our Monthly Hike the First Saturday of Every Month
Time & Location
Jul 01, 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM PDT
Brown Mountain Rd & El Prieto Trail Loop, GPS Coordinates (34.216287040434196, -118.14635740821683)
About the event
We are extremely excited for you to join us Saturday, July 1st at 8:30 AM. In preparation for our hike, we’ve listed a few reminders/tips to help maximize your hiking experience and safety:
1. Hike Difficulty Level – MODERATE – Length of total hike is Approx. 3.0 miles. Hike will contain inclines, switchbacks and slight elevation changes, but manageable for anyone who is moderately active. Plan on a 3 hour outing, including rest and food breaks.
2. Pre-Hike Carpool Location – Parking is limited near the trailhead. For the brothers who would like to carpool or travel to trailhead together, We will be meeting at the intersection of W Loma Alta Drive and Chaney Trail @8:00 am sharp to drive to trailhead. Please find street parking near this meetup location and look for others. If you can not make it to the carpool location by 8:00 am, please drive directly to trailhead using Trail Address provided in event.
3. Please wear hiking boots or shoes with grip and ankle support – This will safely prepare you for the various terrain we will traverse throughout the hike. The terrain of this hike will be rocky and rugged at times. There will be a few creek crossing so please be prepared to get boots or shoes potentially wet.
4. Dress In Layers – The weather forecast for the day of the hike is a high of around 90 degrees Fahrenheit. During our hike temperatures will be around 75 degrees. Please wear clothing that will allow your body stay cool, breathe and not overheat. Sunscreen and Hats are recommended.
5. Bring plenty of water and light snacks for yourself – It’s easy to dehydrate during a hike, especially when the temperature is hot. Bringing a sufficient supply of water (At least 2-3 liters) will help you to avoid fatigue, dizziness, and other symptoms of dehydration. While snacks will help to supply your body with much-needed nutrients to keep you energized throughout the hike.
6. Please eat a sufficient breakfast at least 1 hour before the hike – It’s always a great idea to fuel your body prior to exercising, to avoid fatigue and even fainting. Oatmeal, eggs, and a few pieces of fruit is an excellent example of a sufficient pre-hike breakfast option.
7. Plan for a 3 hour outing – Our August Hike will be about 3 hours long, including one planned 15-minute break. Although we have one planned break, we adjust our hikes to meet the needs of our participants. We encourage everyone to feel free to take a break or adjust your pace as needed. Our hikes are meant to be an enjoyable experience, and we want to ensure everybody is participating within their comfort zone. Please let us know if you have any health concerns that might put you at risk during our hike. Safety is always a priority.
8. Download the map – Please download the directions to the trailhead prior to leaving your home to avoid any confusion. To find the precise location PLEASE USE GOOGLE MAPS OR WAZE ONLY, enter the following gps coordinates to get to destination: 34.216287040434196, -118.14635740821683
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE TRAIL NAME ON FLYER FOR DIRECTIONS TO HIKE. There is a great chance that using the trail name instead of GPS coordinates to find directions will take you to the wrong location.
9. Parking help – Parking is limited at the trailhead so please arrive early. There is a small parking lot near trailhead. If parking lot is full upon arrival, please If you are unable to find parking at endpoint, there is parking up the hill. Please allow yourself addtional time to make it to the trailhead if you park at the top of the hill. Please try to arrive early to find parking. Once you have reached destination and find parking, Please make your way to meet up location.
We’ll also have an ambassador stationed near the entrance of the park to assist with directing brothers to the right location. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jelani at (424) 216-6671. We look forward to seeing you this Saturday!
Black Men Hike LA
BMH July 2023 Monthly Hike
Brown Mountain Road and El Prieto Trail Loop (Altadena, CA) GPS Coordinates: (34.216287040434196, -118.14635740821683)